Advocacy

To me, advocacy is the ACT of promoting an idea or a cause to the public. It is making society aware of a particular issue. I stress the word act because without taking action, I feel as though hope is lost. One cannot simply sit back and accept the changes that are happening. He/she must do something about it. In order to truly advocate for something, one must be bold and unfaltering, highly educated on the subject matter, and willing to take a stand. I feel as though his/her actions must spark peoples’ attention and make them want to do something more. For example, I do not see simply posting a picture on the internet as a form of advocacy. To me, maybe a video that inspires others to take a stand or organizing a program that encourages many to support your cause are true forms of advocacy.

Whether I am able to make the twirling competition happen or create an iMovie that will appear on the internet, I feel as though my advocacy project will be effective. It will be in a place where passionate individuals can see it and finally take a stand for something that they believe in. Hopefully the success of my project will be reflected in the actions of many teenagers and adults throughout the region.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Advocacy

1. Hannah Clark says:

I agree with you that videos do have a large impact on society and are therefor a great way of advocacy. I think that it depends on what you’re trying to advocate though. A picture is worth a thousands words and so I do think that has a large impact too depending on what you’re trying to advocate. As long as you’re doing something to promote the idea then I don’t think that there is really any wrong way to advocate.