Trending Halloween Costumes!

Hello dear readers! Since it’s the season, I have decided to continue talking about fall attire. However, this week I will be discussing the most prominent Halloween costume ideas I have seen on TikTok thus far.

It’s that time of year again when the air gets crisp, your throat begins to ache, the leaves turn to flaming shades, and Halloween approaches with its enchanting aura of excitement. Halloween 2023 is right around the corner for college students, and it’s time to start planning your select few costumes. Whether you’re a die-hard Halloween enthusiast or just looking for a fun way to celebrate, this year’s costume trends promise to include any type of style one could imagine. With the help of TikTok, join me as I now begin to break down some of the most fashionable costumes of this season. 

Classic Creatures with a Modern Turn

Classic monsters such as vampires, werewolves, and mummies never go out of style. However, this year, they’re getting yet another contemporary makeover. Expect to see many wearing sleek, seductive vampire ensembles with dark, dramatic makeup and elegant capes. Werewolves are rocking more realistic fur and ferocity, and mummies are emerging from their tombs with a chic, tattered-glam look that’s all the rage. These costume ideas all allow for a simple get together of clothing, with an additional unique expression of make-up. 

Nostalgia Reigns Superior

Nostalgia-driven costumes have always shared a grand yearly come back. Expect to see plenty of ’80s and ’90s icons strutting downtown or at Halloween parties. Think characters from beloved movies like “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and “Jurassic Park” or iconic TV shows like “Friends” and “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” Embrace your inner child, impress your elders, and let nostalgia guide your costume choice this season!

Superheroes and Villains

With the continual rise of superhero movies, it’s no surprise that iconic characters from the Marvel and DC universes are still dominating the Halloween scene. Whether you’re a fan of the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man or the diabolically charming Loki, there’s a superhero or villain for everyone. Don’t forget to accessorize with the perfect gear, and get ready for people to ask to take pictures with their favorite superhero, or villain. 

Video Game Characters

Video game characters are stepping out of the virtual world and into State College the week of October 31st. With the release of highly anticipated games in 2023, expect to see characters like Lara Croft from “Tomb Raider,” Master Chief from “Halo,” or even the ever-iconic Mario and Luigi. Furthermore, plenty of these costumes allow room for duo-ideas, or even group sets. So collect your friends, and begin plotting!

Pop Culture Phenomena

Over the past few years, the pop culture landscape has given us plenty of inspiration for Halloween costumes. From the quirky and exhilarating characters of popular streaming series to viral internet sensations, modern pop culture references are ripe for the picking. Whether you choose to embrace the more popular idols, such as the Kardashians, or a more niche creation – Katy Perry from California Dreams – you’ll be sure to turn heads.

Mythical and Charming

Unleash your inner fantasy and channel your favorite characters from the worlds of Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks. These costumes allow for so much range, whether you want to be a Princess or a character from Toy Story, you’ll be understood by the masses. Popular characters this year include short-haired Rapunzel, Puss in Boots, Edna, and so many others. These costumes offer endless possibilities for creativity and expression of color palette, allowing you to become your own version of your favorite mythical characters.              

All in all, Halloween is a time of fun and excitement. TikTok has allowed many to gain a sense of self-expression this year, with their abundant offers of inspiration on one’s costume!

3 thoughts on “Trending Halloween Costumes!”

1. I love your holiday twist for the upcoming Halloween season. The rapid-fire format helped me keep engaged and intrigued with the possibilities for festive attire. Safe to say, I might be inspired to start looking into a costume for the end of the month.

2. I love how you set the scene with this one. I’m so excited for spooky season. I like that you split the different costumes into categories; it makes the post organized and easy to read. I do have to say though, I miss the pictures.

3. There really are just so many possibilities for Halloween costumes, but I think that you captured all of the most popular ones. Great vivid imagery all throughout the article.