Dolce and Gabana Advertisement

The artifact my group was in was handed the Dolce and Gabbana advertisement. It was of a woman wearing hardly any cloths lying on a table, where a shirtless man was pinning her down, and like four guys all around her equally half naked staring at her. In the background there were two random white walls and a sky behind them. In the middle it said Dolce and Gabbana in a faded rounded text.

It is a type of advertisement that I would just flip by because I have always thought it was unnecessary to have something that inappropriate in a magazine. Now that I have actually looked at the ad, I still find it inappropriate but also dramatically unrealistic. To be honest, I have been pronouncing the brand wrong my whole life I’ve been saying Golce and Cobanna!!

Of course that wouldn’t happen in real life, but who would believe that. Then again, it isn’t about looking at the ad and thinking, “That will happen to me if I buy this product” or “That is totally plausible.”  It is more like, “That is a hot chick” and it will make you remember the advertisement because the viewer can identify the “Hot Chick” with the name of Dolce and Gabbana.

I wanted to look up the picture to put in my essay for a reference and all of their pictures are equally dramatic and inappropriate! It is to the extent, to me, that it is funny because they are trying so hard for sex appeal! Here are some pictures that make no sense if you actually study them. Maybe it’s because Dolce and Gabbana don’t intend their viewers to look too closely to the picture, just the people.

The first two have the same background as the ad we were handed, the first is the same woman in the same outfit but all the men are in suits now? The second they seem to be standing on water and some are in speedos, were they trying to promote the Olympics or appeal to the crowd during the Olympics?

This entry was posted in Work In Progress and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.