Rhetorical Analysis Essay Outline

My original artifact for my speech was the idea of Kickstarter campaigns. Right now I plan on my second artifact as being Bernie Sander’s bid for the presidency. I don’t want this to be about whether someone agrees with his ideas or not so I will not talk about his policies in any way, shape, or form. I will focus on the simple fact that he was successful in receiving the largest amount of small donations in recent history and was able to draw up widespread support. I’m not completely sold on this idea, however. I think these two artifacts could be too similar as many of the devices and goals are the same, and I think it’s possible that there’s something better out there to use.

EDIT:

Original artifact: Kickstarter campaigns

New artifact: Social Media Bar

how-to-increase-website-traffic-with-social-media-share-bar

Intro: Give brief background on both and show how both artifacts have similar purpose. They both aim to get people involved in global conversation and promote the sharing of ideas to the masses.

Body:

Reevaluate Kickstarter campaigns and expand on my original analysis of them.

Describe new artifact (social media bar) and how it achieves many of the same goals as Kickstarter campaigns. Explain how its methods differ but end result is similar.

Explain general commonplace of mass social media and perceived importance of individual opinions and needing to share them.

Conclusion:

Revisit main points and reestablish why both artifacts are effective in their intentions. The two feed into the same commonplaces and ideas and they both provide an interesting insight into our modern society.