The Most Expensive Things

For this post, I want to take a detour. I’ve been talking about serious topics regarding money for the past few weeks. Now, I believe it is a good time to cool down a little bit, and take a look at the most expensive things all over the world. However, I’m not going to talk about the most expensive car, house or watch since I believe most of you can find out about it on your own. I will talk about some of the most expensive things in their respective categories which I found to be interesting.

Texel sheep

Texel sheep

First of all is the most expensive sheep. The recorded highest payment for a sheep is about $369,000. The sheep was purchased by Jimmy Douglas in Lanark, Scotland in August 2009. The breed of the most expensive sheep is Texel sheep. However, in 2011, a Chinese sheep breeder claimed that he had an offer for his Dolan sheep of $2.2 million! He turned the offer down though. If he agreed to sell the sheep, he would be the richest sheep breeder ever.

deadspaceNext is the most expensive Xbox 360 secondhand game. The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition is the most expensive Xbox 360 secondhand game. What do you think the price of the one secondhand game? Even $1000 for a secondhand game sounds too much right? This one is sold for $2,999.00 by an Israeli, Damian Fraimorice to a buyer in New York on February 2, 2011. The amount sounds crazy for a secondhand game. What makes it so special that people willing to pay that sum of money? The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition was manufactured for only 1,000 copies. That is why people are so crazy about the game besides other special edition features.

IPhone_5sNo, not the most expensive iPhone, but now we’ll look at the most expensive iPhone case. The case was made by Anita Mai Tan. She gave the case the name of “Spider and Dragon” case. The case was made of 18-carat white gold with real diamond embedded on it, totaling to 32 carats. A dragon figure clings to its back that makes the case stand out, and also makes your iPhone hard to keep in your pocket. What is its worth? Well, for an iPhone case with that kind of design, you can have it for $880,000.

Model_1858_Light_Cavalry_Saber_army.mil-2007-04-08-045644The 18th Century Boateng Saber is the most expensive medieval weapon ever sold. The saber has inscriptions and decorations alluding to Chinese Emperor Qianlong. The S-shaped saber with a fitted white-jade handle stylized with ornate leaves and floret. The blade is decorated with inlaid gold, silver and copper. The beautiful sword and scabbard had been sold twice. First sell in 2006 for $5.93 million, and the second one two years later for $7.7 million.

6317742991_b39dce621d_zMost expensive live fish goes to a showa koi. A long (30 inches) ginrin showa koi was sold in 1982 for 17 million yen (then $70,000). However, in 1986, this fish had been sold to Derry Evans, owner of the Kent Koi Centre near Sevenoaks, Kent, UK for an undisclosed fee. The fish died five months later, and since then, it has been stuffed and mounted to preserve its beauty.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments

1. TopNPI

The Most Expensive Things | Penn State Life

2. kejarpaketc.net

3. Isabella Frances Teti

I don’t know why, but that thing with the fish… I just think it’s hilarious that it died after 5 months. I guess I would have stuffed it too if it was that expensive.

4. Mohamed Aboubakry Diop

I think it’s insane how people buy things in order to be special yet they don’t even like them.I was very suprised that people would buy these products for such prices.

5. Wilson Noah Mazile

It ‘s surprising how much some things can be. $2,999 for a video is crazy, and paying $5 million for a fish is just stupid to me, lol. Very interesting blog 🙂

6. Wilson Noah Mazile

It ‘s surprising how much some things can be. $2,999 for a video is crazy. Very interesting blog.