RCL #2- It’s What I Do

During part 1 of It’s What I Do by Lynsey Addario, she mentions a story that her grandmother told her. The story was about how even though her grandmother was happy with her husband Ernie, he never filled her with the same passion that a prior boyfriend, Sal did. Lynsey Addario mentions this because not only does it pertain to Lynsey’s current situation with Uxval, it also relates to Lynsey’s choice of occupation. While Lynsey could have a standard profession, she chooses to pursue what makes her happy and is her passion.

My passion for sports has been around since I was little. I never really remember a specific time in which it became my passion. It was a passion that was ingrained in me from my first memories. As for my passion of Psychology, there is one specific time I can recall that changed my view of the study.

When I was a Sophomore in high school, I was kind of a trouble maker. One time my friend had just finished completing his homework where he had to answer fill-in the blank question. I thought it would be funny if I would white out all the answers he just wrote. I had done this to a couple other friends and all there reaction would just get annoyed and give playful punch. This one friend took this event in a completely different direction. He took the notebook in front of me and proceed to start ripping pages out of it (I would have been upset by this but it wasn’t my notebook so I found it hilarious). It was this reaction that made me take more interest in how certain people acted. In my upcoming passion blogs I want to hear what makes the people on my floor into the football players they are now and what they are outside the sport.

One thought on “RCL #2- It’s What I Do

1. Hello, Nick. I like your explanation of why the author of It’s What I Do includes her Nana’s love story in her memoir. It great that you linked up Nana’s story and Lynsey’s choice of occupation. Lynsey sacrificed the standard profession and chooses to pursue her passion is also related what we have been working on in our passion blog.
    Your story about why you are interested in the psychological field was common. However, you approached it in a unique way and that makes your blog interesting. By carefully observing how certain people react to the certain things, you have successfully explained your intention of your passion blog.
    I was thinking about interviewing the football players might be a little general. Since everyone has different views and background, it might be easier for the audience to get to know all the football player by creating a separate blog post for each them. Not only mention a name of some survey you will conduct, but also give them personalities to have the audience remember them.
    Overall, you did a great job on explaining Nana’s story and introduced your passion blog. I am looking forward to more about the insight of the football players in our school.