How to Survive College…Without Trying That Hard: Passion Blog Ideas

They say there’s no one older than a high school senior, but nobody younger than a college freshman. Starting over is challenging even for the most prepared individual. The summer leading up to your first year of college is filled with a variety of different emotions. Then, one day, without even realizing, it hits you like a truck and you live in a dorm room with a stranger, praying that you find a way to make it through four years of trying to balance sleep, homework, and a social life. Oh, there’s one problem…you can only have two. pyramid-e1453861554945However, despite all the stress, new feelings, and trying to make it to your first 8:00 A.M., there is a reason you are here, and there are plenty of people to help you.

Maybe it doesn’t make sense that a college freshmen is writing a blog about surviving college when I have not yet survived college, but being in the situation, I’ll experience the struggles and work to overcome them as I go. People have always told me I have good instincts and give the greatest advice, so even if this blog helps one person, or makes their life a little easier, I will have fulfilled my purpose. While I might not be Dr. Phil or have all of the answers to the struggles of college, the aim of this blog is to do more than just help the average freshmen learn how to balance everything they hope to achieve. The point is to help a student think about ways to improve, feel better knowing they are not alone, and maybe just try out some of the advice offered here in hopes that they learn something about themselves or the people around them.

Throughout various posts, entries will focus on the most important aspects of college life. The topics will include issues, advice, and ways to reflect on forming friendships, having a social life, maintaining health and wellness (physically and mentally), balancing schoolwork, making a schedule, finding ways to get involved, the feelings of missing home, and how to deal with difficult people and hard times. These topics play a role in some capacity or another in the life of students everywhere. They say college is about finding yourself, but that’s hard to do if there are too many distractions. By helping students tackle these issues and learn how to live better, college students will feel better and will be able to focus on the things that matter most in their lives.

While the transition of leaving home and going into the “real world” can be daunting, it’s not so bad when you realize other people share similar difficulties. College is a time to find out what you like, what you hate, how you feel about big issues, what you want to do with your life, and what goals you hope to achieve. College is the time to take advantage of the endless opportunities presented. You might make mistakes, and it might feel like you can’t recover, but Hannah Montana once said, “Nobody’s Perfect” and if Miley Cyrus can go from that to swinging on a wrecking ball, then you can take college by storm without even trying that hard.

2 thoughts on “How to Survive College…Without Trying That Hard: Passion Blog Ideas

1. This is such a cool idea. Its creative and will definitely attract an audience. Hearing from a student their college experience will be interesting and exciting to read about. I like how you incorporated a picture and details to help visualize the topic you will be discussing throughout your passion blog. I think this topic will be very interesting and you will have a lot to elaborate on because the college transition is such a big step. I am looking forward to seeing where you take it.