Excited for The Summer

summer_sun_clip_art_jpg

This semester was really an experiment for me. I never thought going to the gym  could be something I do regularly. It’s always been this thing that I tell myself I’ll do eventually and never do. I would definitely call this semester a success and I feel really great about actually doing something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.

My new challenge is going to be transitioning that success over to the summer. Being away from school and all the motivation I’v found here worries me a little bit. I can no longer walk a minute to get the gym or grab a floor mate for motivation I’m going to have to find new ways to make sure this is a part of my life for more than a few months. Going to the gym at school has been easier than I thought it was going to be. Once it becomes a part of your life it’s really easy to keep it going.  I’m really taking this summer as an opportunity to make sure this stays something that I do because I really like it.

gymSaying that I like going to the gym even surprises me. I didn’t think I would ever have feeling other than complete annoyance at the idea of having to work out. It’s always awesome to succeed at something and the nice thing about the gym is that it gives you the chance to do that everyday. The little victories and steady progress are what keep me going back and feeling better every time.  This gives me hope that I’ll keep it going. There are so many opportunities for me to become even healthier over the summer and work on more than just how much I exercise. With new places to work out, new ways to work out, and the possibility to really change my lifestyle for the better I’ve never been more excited for a summer.

2 responses to “Excited for The Summer