RCL 1

Addario never seems content to stay in one place. Her passion as a photographer leads her to yearn for adventure and takes her to new and exciting places. She never stays in one place too long and her story about Uxval leaves the reader reminiscing of a time in their life where they thought fleetingly about what might of been. She could have stayed but her passion, her true love, photography is what wins her heart as she decides to not pursue a future with Uxval. The story as whole is an allusion to her life. Everywhere Addario visits, something there touches her deeply, if almost, deeply enough to be considered love. Yet every time something, be it a beautiful town full of vibrant people, or a man named Uxval catches her heart, photography, her true passion wins out. This story is especially poignant to me because of its eerie similarity to a favorite episode of mine in the show, M*A*S*H. Lead character, Hawkeye, encounters his former lover, and still love of his life, yet cannot be her’s because his lover knows she will always be second to his work. Every time this scene plays out on TV I feel the pain of those two hearts being torn and I empathize with the internal agony that Addario must have felt when she chose to pursue photography.

While in my life I have never loved quite as deeply, I can still feel intense emotions when enjoying my passion, Penn State football. Ever since I was a little kid, every Saturday morning I would watch the Nittany Lions with my dad and twin brother. As I became older, and more aware of the game, I began to live and die with the team’s results each week. I still remember playing travel soccer and rushing home from the morning games to watch them take the field. If we had an away game, we would duck into a sports bar somewhere for “lunch”. These are some of my fondest memories and with this as my passion, I intend to keep a weekly blog of the happenings in Penn State football-their most recent game, with a recap- and any other games of note that have an impact on the Nittany Lions and their season.