Civic Artifact Essay Outline

Although my civic artifact is the infinity symbol and how it functions rhetorically and civically in society, for my essay I will focus less on this and more on other topics. As a continuation of my speech, I would like to delve more into the stigmas that often surround “girl-related” things in my civic artifact essay. In my speech, I mentioned that in addition to the infinity symbol other things such as taking a selfie or buying Starbucks often comes with a negative connotation in our society. Women who participate in these trends or even like these types of things are frequently shamed and are seen as having a lower intelligence.

The beginning of my essay will basically begin with the ending of my speech. I will refresh the reader with how the infinity symbol acts in our civic life and how it is seen as a symbol of hope and love within the female community. From there, I will introduce the stigma that is currently seen around the symbol and try to come up with explanations as to why that might be. I will then continue on with my essay by introducing the second civic artifact that correlates with my first civic artifact. For my second civic artifact I am thinking about doing selfies and how they too are stigmatized in our society. Although I am not completely certain this will be my second civic artifact, I do, however, want to compare how these two items’ attitudes have evolved after being adopted by women. I find all too often that the things embraced by women are more subject to mockery and are considered to be less important than the things enjoyed by men. Going off that point, I intend to finish up my civic artifact essay by questioning our current civic lifestyle that continually sets a double standard for what is and what isn’t acceptable in society. Thus, concluding my civic artifact essay about the various stigmas surrounding generally female-liked items.

One thought on “Civic Artifact Essay Outline

1. mja5575

I think it is a very good idea to quickly summarize your speech in the essay so people know where you left off. Furthermore, someone reading the essay should be able to start with just the essay, not having seen your speech. The movement from the infinity symbol to the girl subject in general is a great way to go. You should make sure you elaborate all of your explanations about selfies, but also make sure you define it for people that may not know what it is. The mockery of women, as you said, is increasing and men don’t find it as important. I sadly understand this because these things are less enjoyed by men. So I would personally find this essay very interesting and hopefully learn something from it.

Reply