Introducing The Affordable Portable Filter Press

At the College of Engineering Design Showcase, presented by the Learning Factory, Thursday May 5th at the Bryce Jordan Center, the five member team of Chris Guzman, Josh Lashbrook, Anthony Pomorski, Sean Rooney, and Brad Scott presented the Affordable Portable Filter Press publicly for the first time.

IMG_0981Reservoir Studio sponsored this amazing team and posed a simple challenge: design an inexpensive portable ceramic water filter press that can fit into a suitcase.

IMG_0984Their response is nothing short of remarkable. The team won two awards for their work. They tied with two other teams for first place in the Design Award category. The team also tied one other team to win Best Poster. Special thanks are also in order to their instructor, Tiffany Camp.

IMG_0999In my view, these amazing young men have have revolutionized the field. Their portable filter press design is a game changer. This press will help produce water filters for people who lack adequate access to potable water. It can also be used in demonstrations in schools and public performances.

IMG_1003If it is not evident, I am proud of these students and I am impressed with their work.

IMG_1019Penn State Proud!

0 comments