- You must have completed at least 90 credits toward your degree prior to registering for RPTM 495A (Internship).
- We require you have completed the core courses in the RPTM major including RPTM 101, 120, 236, 277, 356, 433W and 410. Internship agencies will be expecting you to have basic skills and knowledge from those core courses.
- You must also have completed the RPTM Student Engagement Experience (formerly 300 hours).
- You must have passed RPTM 394 with a C or better.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required to be in the major and to register for RPTM 495A.
- Finally, you must demonstrate that you will be certified in Adult CPR and First Aid throughout the length of your internship.
After getting the informal “okay” from the RPTM Undergraduate Coordinator, you are ready to get your pre-requisite packet together.
a. Establish your start and end dates with your agency.
b. Make an appointment to review your decision and submit your materials to the RPTM undergraduate coordinator.
• Internship Site Selection Form using the form on the website. Please type in your information and print it out for submission.
• Student Engagement Experience (formerly 300 hours) documentation
• Documentation of completion/current certification in CPR and First Aid
• A copy of your unofficial transcripts demonstrating that you have at least a 2.0 GPA and have earned a C or better in RPTM 394
c. When your packet has been approved, you will be registered for RPTM 495A by RPTM staff (LionPath will not let you register for it).
d. Sit back, relax and get ready to SHINE in your field!
Go to 701 Ford Building and ask the staff assistant or go to the Internship Handbook & Forms page on the RPTM Internship Website.
Most students start internship on the first day of classes. However, we are willing to work with students if their internship agency asks you to start early or later than the first day of classes. It’s important to note that if you start AFTER the first day of classes, it may impact your plans for graduation if you are planning to complete your degree during your last semester. Grades for internship must be turned in on the last day of classes for that semester. If your agency is asking you to start late or continue after the last day of classes, your grade in RPTM 495A may be deferred which would potentially defer your graduation plan. Please make an appointment to see the RPTM Undergraduate Coordinator if you have questions about your start and end dates.
More information regarding internship begin and end dates can be found here.
After the signed paperwork is submitted to the Department’s Internship staff assistant, the student will be expected to fulfill his/her commitment to the chosen internship agency. In the event that a student wishes to change an internship site after submitting an approved internship site selection form, the student must make that change prior to the internship deadline and only with approval of the RPTM Undergraduate Coordinator.
Contact the RPTM Undergraduate Coordinator ASAP. We will take the appropriate action to ensure that your agency becomes affiliated, if required by the agency.
You can print the Internship Handbook from Internship Handbook & Forms page of the RPTM Internship Website or contact ProCopy in State College, PA and request that a bound copy be sent to you. ProCopy can be reached by calling (814) 231-1256 (ask for the RPTM 394 Learning Packet).
The RPTM Undergraduate Coordinator is Patty Kleban. You can reach her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 814-865-1851 to make an appointment to see her on the 7th floor of the Ford Building.