Travel in Chicago during the Spring Break.

IMG_7917IMG_7925IMG_8019

For this week’s passion blog, I want to talk about my Spring Break trip to Chicago. Chicago is the third large city I have traveled in America. The other two are Washington DC and Philadelphia. Among those three, I like Chicago best.

I spent the whole eight-day Spring break in Chicago with my friends from different universities including my boyfriend. Since one of my friends arrived on the second day, we only went shopping and had a lunch in Chinatown on the first day. I think what most Chinese in America miss is the Chinese foods, so one of the goals of our Chicago trip is to have different kinds of Chinese foods there. All girls like shopping, especially those like me who live and study in the small town, not in the big city. Once you enter the Michigan Avenue, there are hundreds of shops along the road. You don’t even need to enter a shopping mall because the shops are right along the road. I like the feeling when walking along a prosperous street with both serious tall buildings and leisure shopping spots.

IMG_8102image_1426534986.200045In the following days, we went to many “must go” attractions including Art institute of Chicago, Contemporary Art Museum, Shedd aquarium, Skydeck, Museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier, Millennium Park and University of Chicago. The attraction I like most in Chicago is the Navy Pier. It is not as crowded as in other places. There is a Ferris Wheel near the lake, on which you can see the view above the river, especially when you are on the top of it.

IMG_8073IMG_8083IMG_8081

But since many on-lake tours open in April, we were not able to experience the beauty of the Michigan Lake, but the view from the lakeshore is also amazing. The weather is becoming warmer in March but there is still big temperature difference from morning to evening, so there is ice floating on the lake. And because the water in the lake is so clear and blue, the existence of ice makes the lake more beautiful. There were also some ducks floating on the ice water, which makes the whole scene live.

IMG_8136DSC_2543DSC_2545

The mirror bean in Millennium Park interested me much. Long before, I have seen the picture of it, but it is a different experience when you are actually there. I couldn’t stop taking photos of it because each photo is different taken from different angle. I like taking photos very much so I had lot of fun. And my friends and I also took many mirror selfies, which are really funny.

IMG_7974IMG_7969

Not to mention, there are many museums in Chicago. Since most of us are interested in art, so we went to the art institute and contemporary art museum. Though I couldn’t remember each work and its painter, it at least gave me an enjoyable art experience. Moreover, we went to the Shedd Aquarium because I like animals very much (that’s why we went to a zoo in Chicago as well.) In the aquarium, I even “determine” my future job: to be an otter trainer. Otters are so cute! They repeatedly turn round and round in the water. When they float on the water, they sometimes play with their fluffy face and sometimes give themselves a stomach massage. They sometimes cover one eye with one paw, trying to be as cute as possible.

IMG_8189IMG_8185

Eight days are long and short. Time flies. When I heard the broadcast on the air that “ Pittsburgh is not cold now….” I couldn’t believe the spring break has passed. And without doubt I don’t know how to express how much I missed my boyfriend, who studies in University of North Carolina. Anyway, the spring break spent with friends is amazing, and we had lots of fun during the spring break in Chicago.

5 thoughts on “Travel in Chicago during the Spring Break.”

1. Wow this entry kept my eyes pealed on the page! Your photographs are seriously amazing, you should consider printing them out and making a hobby out of this. You could even try to sell some! However, I have never been to Chicago, and that sounds like you had a great spring break! I love otters too and I haven’t been to an aquarium in a long time. I’m jealous of your spring break experience.

2. Hey, I am from Chicago and it is great to hear when someone visits and has a great time. The water tours are great and it sucks that you did not get to go on them! Otherwise great blog.

3. Chicago must have been soo much fun to visit! I went there for the first time over the past summer! Also, I visited the bean just like you! It is fun taking mirror pics! Glad you enjoyed your time there.

4. I bet you enjoyed so much during your trip with your boyfriend. I really adore your photos you took in Chicago,which remind me of old movie scenes. Really looking forward to visiting there after reading this journal. Hope you can see your boyfriend soon. lol

5. It sounds like you had a great time in Chicago. I too have always wanted to visit the mirror bean it looks very interesting. I’m glad you could enjoy your spring break.