Apparel and Promotional Items


When ordering apparel, the vertical (stacked) version of the Student Affairs unit logo is preferred if the logo imprint is on the chest (see samples below). If the Student Affairs Mark or Student Affairs unit logo is not the primary design on the apparel, the Student Affairs mark can be printed on the sleeve as a secondary location. Contact the Communications office to discuss special cases and screen printing or embroidery on other types of items.

Special use marks for 1-color screen printing and embroidery are also available from the Student Affairs Communications office.

Promotional Items

When purchasing merchandise or apparel such as t-shirts, water bottles, pins, etc. a licensed vendor must be used. Only licensed vendors may reproduce University marks, names, and logos.  More information and a list of licensed vendors can be found at

Promotional Item Ordering Process:

  • Contact the SA Communications Office prior to ordering products.
  • SA Comm will recommend/provide the appropriate Penn State / Student Affairs / Unit marks/logos.
  • Unit will acquire a quote from the vendor (be sure to use a Penn State approved vendor for all items that include any type of Penn State branding).
  • Unit will place the order to ensure the vendor has appropriate billing and delivery information.
  • Unit can send artwork to vendor and copy our office or we can send directly to the vendor.
  • Vendor will provide proofs to unit and use the online submission portal to get approval from Penn State Licensing.
  • Unit will send proofs to SA Comm for our approval.
  • Once Licensing and SA Comm approve the artwork, the job is started.


Apparel Placement Samples


Skip to toolbar