Penn State has Early Admission Program (EAP) agreements with the following health professional schools:
- Penn State College of Medicine at Hershey
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (RSDM)
- Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry (PCO)
These are not accelerated programs, but rather a review of highly qualified applicants for possible assurance of admission one year ahead of the normal time frame, open to University Park students who are currently completing their 2nd year at Penn State.
Successful completion of the B.S. and benchmark MCAT/DAT/OAT scores are still required before matriculation. An early acceptance to Hershey or Salus PCO via the EAP precludes your applying to any other medical or optometry schools, respectively, without first rescinding the assured admission.
Eligibility requirements for each program can be found on our website:
NOTE: There are ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS to the eligibility requirements listed. Please do not request or submit an application if you do not meet the requirements.
For an application, send an email to Dr. Ron Markle at firstname.lastname@example.org with your 9-digit PSU ID and which EAP is of interest.
The completed application and three completed letters of reference will be due on April 19.
“Pre-application guides” for each of the three opportunities can be downloaded here:
- Hershey (med): PreApplication Information Hershey EAP 2019-1g71wzu
- Rutgers (dental): PreApplication Info Rutgers Sch Dental Med Early Admit-2no7i6o
- Salus (optom): Preapplication Information Early Admit Salus PCO 2019-wqhgdq