May 31 – June 2, 2018, Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
Hotel: Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA (room block rate is $140.00 plus taxes per night). Rooms booked by April 30, 2018, will help Say Goodnight to Hunger. Over 48 million Americans struggle with putting food on the table. Booking a room with Omni now comes with the added opportunity to make a difference. For each completed stay at any participating Omni, regardless of how the reservation is made, Omni will donate a meal to a family in need. Learn more here.
- Member Registration Fee: $75.00; $100.00 after 5/15/2018
- Non-Member Registration Fee: $100.00; $125.00 after 5/15/2018
- One Day Registration Fee: $30.00
- Student Registration Fee (ID required): $25.00; N/C* – *Graduate students on the conference program are not required to pay a registration fee.
Academic Press Table On-Line Registration or Academic Press Table Registration to be printed and mailed to: Penn State University, Attn: Barby Singer, 108 Weaver Building, University Park, PA 16802. Additional information can be found on the registration forms.
- $250.00: One 6′ table, box-draped with black linen, 2 chairs, receiving and storage of packages.
- $50-$250.00: If you wish to submit titles for the combined press table displays and not purchase a table or send a representative to run a table, the cost is $50.00 per book title. Publishers can all reserve a table without representatives for five to twenty-five books for $250.00. Please note all books submitted will become property of the conference and will not be returned.
*Please note: books shipped to the Omni William Penn Hotel can be accepted any time after Tuesday, May 29.
Outstanding Paper by a Graduate Student Award: The Advisory Board of the Society of Civil War Historians has funded an award for graduate students presenting papers at the SCWH conference in Pittsburgh. (call for submissions)
Workshop: Advice for the Job Market: The Graduate Connections Committee will sponsor a workshop for graduate students and recently minted PhDs who will be on the academic job market in 2018-19. Drs. Caroline Janney and James Marten will discuss the process of negotiating the market and give feedback on candidate portfolios. Registration is open only to those who will be on the market during the coming academic year. Advance registration is required; please send your current CV to the attention of Cecily Zander at email@example.com with the subject line: Job Market Workshop.
- Kristen Anderson, Webster University
- Aaron Astor, Maryville College
- Lorien Foote, Texas A&M University
- Julie Mujic, Paramount Historical Consulting
- T. Michael Parrish (chair), Baylor University