Bad Businessman Experience (Assignment 4 #6)

One of the hardest jobs I had was working at “Champs”. At champs we would have to sell athletic supplies such as Nike sneakers, Jordan’s, and Puma. When I first got the call that they were interested in me I was so excited. When I got to the Interview, My interviewer had on his uniform. I had on dress pants, a white button-up blouse, and black flats.I firmly shook his hand and introduced myself. He explained the job to me. He explained that the job was difficult that I would have to be able to move quickly, be able to sell, be polite, work with a team and have leadership qualities. Secondly, he asked me about my work experience and my skills that I have. I explained to him that I worked as a camp counselor at the boys and girls club. I then explained that I was very time efficient because of my experience with the kids.They had lunch and recess at a certain time and it was my job to get them there. I also explained that I had to work with the other counselors to come up with activities for the kids to do so I was used to working with a team and being a leader. Lastly, I explained that I watched the 8-year-olds and that I had to be a polite role model for them. The Interviewer was very pleased with all my responses to his question and two days later I got the job. When I arrived the first day I met my boss Chris he was very scary. He used to work at the biggest champs in New York and wanted our champs to be better than the previous one he had worked at. But Chris was very irritable and rude. When out on the floor you would have a speaker in your ear all Chris would do was swear and yell at you. If you didn’t sell enough by to weeks you were fired. I soon became to hate my job and I quit. I was only 16 working crazy hours and I had this grown man making me want to cry. So I quit. Chris was an example of a bad business man he pushed us too hard and when I look back on the Interview I think about the requirements for the job such as teamwork, being polite, and leadership qualities.I sometimes question how Chris got his job. Then I ask myself can you be the best without having the best leader?