RSS Feed

Psych

October 31, 2013 by Melissa Shallcross   

This one jumped up to my top ten on the first season…….

#2 Psych

...

Clark, Miss. “Psych (Or Find the Pineapple).” The Blue Castle. WordPress.com, 26 Aug. 2009. Web. 31 Oct. 2013.

Well, I feel like since the first episode, this show has been destined to become a classic. And I think anyone who has never heard of the show must not have a TV. It’s so hilarious! Just like how I described Monk and Castle, Psych is a comedic crime drama with a twist. Instead of having OCD or being an author, Shawn Spencer, played by James Roday, is a psychic. Ok, so he’s not really a psychic, but he fakes it. He can observe obscure details that most people miss because of the sort of every day training his father, an ex-cop, gave him as he grew up. So, after using his “psychic abilities” to help catch a murderer in a case with the Santa Barbara Police Department, Shawn decides to open up a consulting business called “Psych” with his best friend Burton Guster (Gus), played by Dule Hill.

So, this show is just downright amusing at every level! Between the ridiculous mannerisms of both Shawn and Gus, the hilariously fitting references to classic literature and history in general, the way all the characters interact, and the plots of each episode, I can’t think of any show more amusing to so wide a variety of people. And now, they’re even coming out with Psych the Musical, a two-hour special episode in December where the characters actually sing and perform the episode as a musical. The trailer looks so funny! Check it out here!

So, I think it’s pretty obvious that I love this show, so no wonder it’s ranked number two on my top ten! Any Psych-O’s out there?

2 Comments »

1. Luke Biersmith says:

This is actually my favorite show. I’ve been watching it since the first season, and I absolutely love it! It’s blend of humor and crime solving make it the perfect show. I would definitely consider myself a Psych-O, given the fact that I’ve probably seen every episode more than one time. Pretty sweet to see that this is so high on your list. Such an awesome show.

2. Terry-anne Barbour says:

I have heard of this show, however, I have never watched it and I didn’t really know what it was about. Nevertheless, if it is similar to Castle I would imagine that I would enjoy it. I’ll have to check it out sometime.

You must be logged in to post a comment.