Snow Day Fun

1. I prefer the “Eminem and Chrysler”‘s introduction paragraph. It is much more concise than the other two paragraphs. Normally, I enjoy a verbose style, as it’s my preferred writing style, but this paragraph was descriptive and clear with its points. Lastly, the way it presented its commonplaces was very clear and understandable.
  2. I quite like the organization of “Olympic Mom” mainly because it starts with generalizations and then narrows down the focus. The first body paragraph is an explanation of a common theme that everyone knows. It even has the word “universal” in the first sentence.
  3. I would have to say that “Olympic Mom” captured my interest the most. Mainly it was the style that piqued my interest. I just enjoyed reading the words that were put in front of me because it was written in a very casual and friendly style.
  4. In this Dodge Durango commercial, of all places, legendary fictional anchorman Ron Burgundy acts as spokesman for “last of the real SUVs.” The commercial plays upon other car commercials using a similar format as well as incorporating a beloved character into their ad.
  5. By having Ron Burgundy as their spokesman, Dodge parodies other car commercials in order to impress the audience with how very nice the Dodge Durango really is.

In order to really sell the Dodge Durango, Dodge presents an advertisement featuring everyone’s favorite mustached anchorman, Ron Burgundy, to play on other car commercial formulas to show the appeal of the Dodge Durango.