It’s What I Do – Prompt I

Standard

Similar to Lindsey Addario’s passion for photography, I’m very passionate about trying new things.  Penn State is a huge campus full of almost 100,000 students, over 1,000 clubs and almost an infinite number of new experiences.  Staying trapped inside my own comfort zone would squash any opportunity for personal growth and probably also bore me to death if I kept it up for the full four years.

Coming from a town that is comprised of 2,220 people, I can’t help but to want to push my limits and make sure I’m making the most out of my Penn State experience.  I have always loved trying new things.  From meeting new people to joining new clubs to simply visiting new places on campus or downtown, I want to use this blog as an opportunity to try even more new things while I’m at Penn State.

Another idea I had for my passion blog was to review some of the popular places to eat in State College, but that could also fall into the theme of just trying new things so I think I’ll stick with my original plan.  As far as hobbies go, writing has always been a passion of mine.  Luckily enough, writing is already included in the act of maintaining a blog so really my blog will capture two passions at once.  Chronicling my endeavors into the unknown seems like a very fun way to spend my time and I can’t wait to start putting myself out there even more than I already have.

Addario even shares that her passion for photography makes her feel more alive.  I always feel alive when I try new things.  Pushing myself out of my own comfort zone forces me to grow as a person and has always really excited me.  Combining my passion for writing with my love for trying new things would be the perfect way for me to reach my version of happiness.

One thought on “It’s What I Do – Prompt I

1. Carly Hart

This is a great idea for a blog Shannon! I love how truly passionate you are for trying new things. It can be very entertaining, informative, and interesting, especially to Penn State students. I definitely think people should go out of their comfort zone more, including myself. I cannot wait to read this blog!