The Sheetz Fellows
About the Program
The Sheetz Fellows are students who have a spirit and drive that go beyond the standards. They look to lead and inspire with the actions they do through constant community involvement and improvement. The Sheetz Fellows are offered diverse and impactful experiences that are designed to better equip them for the real world. Learn more about the Sheetz Fellows below.
$3000 towards a 10-day education abroad experience
$10,000 scholarship during your senior year
One-on-one interaction with Steve Sheetz of Sheetz Inc., and chairman for both Sheetz Family Council and CLI Transportation
A mentor to aid your professional growth and development as a leader
Networking with community and business leaders
Participation in a national conference
Recognition at graduation as a Sheetz Fellow
A resume that distinguishes you from the competition
Specific Responsibilities of the Fellows
- Maintain at least a 3.25 in major GPA: This expected GPA, reflects the consistent academic excellence to which Fellows must aspire.
- Complete a concentration in Entrepreneurship or an Entrepreneurship minor: Fellows are expected to have a passion for entrepreneurship so their achievements must include knowledge in the entrepreneurship field of study.
- Complete a study abroad experience AND a credit-bearing internship or research initiatives.
- Complete an ethics course: Fellows are expected to develop strong ethical principles. (Note that students with academic integrity violations typically will be disqualified from the Fellows Program.) See a list of possible courses below.
- Complete 80 hours of servant leadership: Fellows are expected to give back to their community, whether this is in the Penn State Altoona community or the global community.