Proposal

I am a lifelong learner. I always find myself ready to take on the next task and grasp new information around me– whether it’s from others or myself. College is a pool of water and I am a sponge ready to absorb all the information I can before having to clean real world issues.

Before I go to bed every night, no matter what time, I watch the news for at least a half hour. My day feels incomplete without understanding what is happening inthe world around me. I distinctly enjoy learning about foreign cultures and customs for which I am unfamiliar. One of my blog proposals would be to examine women from the lens of different cultures in each post. Specifically, each post could be a profile on a particular country and what being a woman in that country entails. I feel this topic could tie my passion for learning and culture into one blog that many men and women could not only enjoy, but learn from. Reading 500 words about living in another place and being a woman is another way to gain insight that the media isn’t covering.

Because I am a Marketing major pursuing a minor in Digital Media Trends, I also have a distinct interest in business and solving problems. I may write my passion blog about innovation and developing solutions to daily issues. Specifically, eachpost would be about ways to identify, approach, and devise solutions to issues as small as paper cone cups in the dining hall that don’t stand up on their own. Adapting to new situations, budgeting, and being a trailblazer is often overlooked in a world that is shadowed by the brightness of our computer screens and lengthy titles.

With my blog, I hope to examine my passions further and give pieces of my knowledge to readers.

One thought on “Proposal

1. Hi Allie! I love your potential passion blog ideas, especially your first one about examining women through the lens of different cultures in order aide people to gain a well-rounded perspective. This topic gives you the opportunity to dive into numerous topics and issues and I honestly look forward to reading your posts. I too love being connected with the world and I love that I was able to find that out about you too. If you do not receive daily emails from them already, you should sign up for the Skimm! They use puns and teenager inside jokes when summarizing the news; you should definitely check it out! Nice work!