Summer Institute on Contemporary Art 2013
Wednesday, June 26–Friday, June 28, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday, June 29, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
PreK-12 art teachers, university students, and art museum educators are invited to:
• Spend four summer days exploring contemporary portraiture and self-portraiture at the Palmer Museum of Art
• Co-develop theoretical and practical approaches to incorporating contemporary art into curricula
• Discuss readings on contemporary art, museums, and curricula
• Engage in gallery activities, group discussions, and studio projects
• Take away new information and images for classroom use
Preregistration is required. Educators can earn Act 48 credits through the Pennsylvania School Study Council.
Educators may earn three graduate credits by enrolling in AED 597A: Professional Development Summer Institute, which requires participation in the weeklong institute and a subsequent five-week online course.
Visit the website: http://sites.psu.edu/sica2013/