THE WINTER SEASON IS APPROACHING!

Hello reader! I hope you enjoy what I have to say! 

This past weekend I went back home to Maryland to see my parents, get a haircut, and bring anything I forgot to bring with me when moving in (Winter gear). I left school on Friday. Going back home I was wearing shorts and a hoodie just to keep my arms warm. While in Maryland my parents and I went shopping and I got boots, a jacket, gloves, and thick socks. At first while I was getting these things, I really did not think I would need it immediately, but I was so wrong. I came back to school on Sunday, and the weather was the opposite of when I left. Winter is rapidly approaching. The winter season is the best time of year because of the holidays, the style of clothing, and special occasions that only happen during the wintertime. 

When it gets colder near the end of the year, we experience three major holidays people look forward to yearly! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are some of the most popular holidays. Most of the world celebrates Halloween like the US (United States), Mexico, England, Italy, Guatemala, and Ireland are some of many places that celebrate Halloween. Thanksgiving is a holiday everyone looks forward to because it allows people to get together with friends and family and you get to eat delicious food! Places like the US, Australia, Grenada, Canada, and Liberia are some of the places that support Thanksgiving. Finally for Christmas it is a worldwide holiday that is virtually celebrated all over the world.  

One of the things that gets overlooked when you think about the wintertime is the style of clothing changes. Instead of wearing comfortable clothes to stay cool and prevent you from getting hot you now get to keep yourself warm. For me personally I brought a lot of clothes that were for when it got cold, so while it was still warm, I could only wear so many things that were appropriate for the weather. Now that it is colder, I now can wear everything in my closet from hoodies, sweaters, and specific shoes meant for colder weather. It is easier to stay warm than to stay cool anyway. When you are cold you just keep adding layers of clothing. However, when you are hot removing layers may provide relief, but you still cannot escape the heat. 

Wintertime is great for students, especially during the school year. When it is warm your only days off from school are either holidays or you are sick. When there is a certain amount of snow on the ground, school gets cancelled, and you get a free day. Students all over wish for snow days because it is the only time of year where school can get cancelled for natural reasons. Snow is also one of the coolest parts of the wintertime. You can only get snow for so many months in a year so usually it is important when a certain area gets a lot of snow. With snow this allows many games and fun activities to occur that just do not happen when it is warm. Being able to sled, have snowball fights, and create snowmen are all things that are special during the wintertime.  

In conclusion, wintertime is a wonderful time of year for all people. It signifies the end of a year and provides the holidays, a refreshing style of clothing, and special occasions that do not happen any other time of the year. 

Speak Your Mind

*