RCL Blog #5

The topic I want to address is the shift in the cost of shoes. Throughout the years the cost of shoes has gradually increased and depending on brand the cost will vary. The prices of a quality shoe are well over $100. Just to buy proper footwear to protect yourself is essential and the current price of shoes is unbelievable. The brand I specifically want to target is Air Jordan it’s the shoe brand that skyrocketed the price of shoes and the demand for it was incredible. The time period of this change is about roughly 40-50 years since the Air Jordan brand revolves around Michael Jordan and his professional basketball career.

The shift is important because the Air Jordan brand revolutionized fashion and clothing in general. Making the demand for these items more expensive and ultimately becoming sacred items that are collected and can be worth up to millions of dollars.

The Air Jordan brand is something that more than likely will not be recreated again. Building a connection between sports and fashion.

I want to address the facts and the impact the brand itself has had on sports, fashion and the world as a whole.

Speak Your Mind

*