Archives for December 2023

The Difficulties of Video Editing (Passion Blog #7)

The Best Online Video Editors for 2023 | PCMag

For the Final group project of this class, I am responsible for editing our video and making sure everything looks good. However, throughout this journey of editing and formatting each clip to make it fit is a lot harder than I expected. Being a video editor takes skill, dedication, and creativity to produce the best possible product for the selected audience. 

Throughout my life I have used video editing software so when it comes to just throwing some clips together and making things look solid it is not difficult. I realized that in this situation of having a large group project mediocrity is not going to cut it having others relying on me to perform. Everything that we worked towards, and all the discussions and research come down to me putting the pieces together. In our editing journey as a group, we started with new express adobe, a website that allows you to collaboratively edit videos with peers. At first it sounded like a great idea! We could all take portions of the project and make that part the best we could. But we ran into issues. We had issues like trying to overlay audio, trimming clips, and rearranging clips into the correct order. 

When me and my group realized that we were struggling with the editing process I decided to step up and handle editing the whole video. I am confident in my video editing skills and my group partners are incredibly supportive of me making this choice. I am glad I get to handle this responsibility because the video gets to be my vision and I can add whatever I want to try and make this the best video I can. I started working on the video the night of Tuesday December 5, 2023. Today is Wednesday the sixth, and I woke up early around six-thirty to give myself time to edit and complete any other work due later in the week like this passion blog. It is currently seven thirty-seven pm and I finished editing the video fifteen minutes ago. 

It was hard to edit the video in my free time between my classes because I would really get into it, and I would be forced to temporarily stop working to head to my class. After I got out of my last class around three twenty pm, I knew that I had the perfect opportunity to sit down and finish editing the video. I found myself constantly looking back at what we had prior and comparing what I had and how I could make a change here or add something in a certain spot. I found myself taking a lot of pride in this video and it allowed me to get creative and passionate for putting out my best work not only for myself but for my group partners. 

In conclusion video editing is something that happens every day, specifically with content creators. How difficult and time-consuming editing can be people get paid to edit certain content creator’s videos. Video editing, to put it simply, is flat out not easy and requires a lot of skill through repetition, dedication through time and effort, and creativity to produce something that has not been seen before.