Shawty got that existential narcissism

Musings Part 2

Hey guys! Welcome back to the campus and I hope that second semester here at State has been treating you all well. I am only slightly embarrassed to say that I spent more of my winter break unconscious than conscious as I had about 4 months of sleep to catch up on. Needless to say, I am well rested and ready to crank out some sickeningly passionate blog posts!

Since I have changed class sections and have some new readers this semester, I guess I should introduce you to all that is The Pragya Project: workings of the mind of a small-town Indian girl. When initially prompted to pick out a topic I was passionate enough to write a whole semester’s worth of blogs about last September, I was pretty stuck. I mean, I am passionate about plenty of things: Beyoncé, trashy reality television, fine-looking fellas, iced mocha lattes, complaining about life…the list is endless. But in the end, I decided to pick a topic that had a bit more substance and gave me room to discuss something that I feel is extremely important: feminism. My past blog covered a wide range of feminist issues, stories, and iconic women. Sometimes that subject matter was very heavy, and other times I had a chance to really let my humorous side run with it.

This semester, I wanted to try writing something in a different direction and after struggling to find the right topic, I think finally found it. The topic for spring semester is….*drum roll please*… Internet Stars!!!

Ok, so it sounds like a bit of a tacky idea but let me explain my reasoning. For the past few months, I have been having a crisis every night, just contemplating my every life decision towards what career I want to make out for myself. This is nothing new; I’m sure some of you are in the same boat as me right now. Do I settle for mediocrity and chose something that makes money, do I pursue one of my talents as a starving artist hoping to take off, or do I just up on life and become an ovary donor? These are the thoughts that keep me up at night. I’ve always admired the way many have built a career in what they love doing through an accidental chain of events, especially our generation’s Internet sensations. In fact, a lot of the people who are gaining popularity have gotten their start on some sort of social media site.

The idea I have for my blog is vague on purpose, as I want the posts to cover all types of people from You-tubers to bloggers to Vine stars, from all genres and mediums, as well as examine the different aspects of their work. In this way, I can write about something relatable, and can hopefully get some ideas on how to pursue passion. I might chose well-known stars, or some less popular ones. And I am always open to suggestions of your favorites so please leave some in the comments!

Well until next time, fellow bloggers!

3 Responses to “Musings Part 2”

1. blp177

Internet stars intrigue me. I just don’t understand how some things get can get shared so rapidly across the web. I mean how does a youtube video acquire millions of hits? Anyway, it sounds like a neat topic and I can’t wait to read about your first star next week.

2. Hannah Taylor

Hey Pragya. First and foremost, I’d just like to say how much I appreciate your humor. I would also like to point out that I share the same passions as you (I mean, who DOESN’T love Beyonce and cute boys and all that??). On a more serious note, last semester I took a Women’s Studies course. I must admit I thought I would hate it, but in fact I ended up loving it. I became so much more enlightened to the world around me, especially as a female living in a male-dominant world. I’m excited to see what your blog has to offer!

3. eaf5316

I like your writing style, it adds a lot of humor to your topic and i like how it seems less formal and almost conversational.