*Cough Cough*

I have recently caught a case of Pertussis, or as it’s more commonly known, Whooping Cough. Now as if the constant coughing, waking up in the middle of the night, and occasional vomiting weren’t bad enough, what aggravates me most is that I have the vaccine for this menace! So if I was going to get this illness, why did I get the shot in the first place?

Vaccinations are a form of the disease that has been weakened, killed, or imitated in a lab.  Doctors inject them into children so that the child “gets” the illness.  As we all know, once we get one of these diseases, we cannot get it again.  Now since the vaccinated child has already “had” the disease (through the vaccination), they will not get it again. Or they shouldn’t, at least.  
vaccine.jpg
I’m sure you’re thinking, “Let me get this straight. Make doctor infected me on purpose?” Not to worry, you don’t actually experience this illness from the vaccination.  There is a flaw in this plan though: it’s not 100% affective.  There is no guarantee that this will actually keep you from getting the disease. Disappointing right?
So the next time you think you’re invincible because the doctor injected you with an immunization, remember the “don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth” rule still applies to you!