I love science…

Coming to New Student Orientation, I had no clue what to expect of classes. I found out that day that taking a science gen-ed was required for my major. I had explored my options during scheduling. Physics, Bio, Chem. I just couldn’t decide what to choose because they all sounded so amazingly intriguing (complete sarcasm). Fortunately, my advisor and I knew each other due to prior encounters. This helped me when it came to scheduling because she’s heard both positive and negative feedback from her students about different courses. The reason that I am taking this course is simply because my advisor advised me to do it. Luckily, I do not regret it because my first experience in this class was a very uplifting one.

Unfortunately, I do not plan on pursuing science in any way for my career path. The only reason why is because I feel that business better suited me as an individual. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate science and all the different sub categories of them. But becoming a scientist was not for me. I don’t think that working in labs or doing endless research on things that might not even exist would interest me for the rest of my life. Being a business man is something that I strive to do, but that’s another topic.

Business Man vs. Scientist

The following clip is a video of a little 3 year old who might potentially become a scientist when he grows up. The reason for me posting this link is to show what could have been me had I had a passion for science. Picture the complete opposite of this little boy and that’s probably what I was when I was a three year old, except with a different skin color and smaller eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmx6dNX7_xQ