Hello Guys! Read Mine :)

(I)    While deciding which classes to take I found out that I needed to have a science class. Like most of you enrolled in SC 200, I HATE actual science classes. When I heard of this fun and interactive class I was thrilled to know I could fulfill my requirements in an interesting and engaging way. Being that I am a broadcast journalism major in the School of Comm, a class such as bio or chemistry would be a waste of time and a huge headache!

(II)      Although science literally makes the world what it is today and is very important, it is not my cup of tea. I personally do not enjoy ANYTHING that has to do with science, it does not really grab my attention. I love broadcast journalism and I am very happy with my choice of study.

-Alyssa Gregory

robin_roberts_good_morning_america_return

One thought on “Hello Guys! Read Mine :)

1. Somil Patel

I’m glad this class exists, as it’s a way for people who don’t typically enjoy science classes to be engaged and interested in learning more about science. My hope for this semester is that I find a way to finally find a way to enjoy learning about science, and possibly even pursue a career in the field if I end up liking it.

I found this article to be interesting. It discusses how kids in schools today are turned off of math and science from an early age. This is largely because under-qualified teachers are trying to prepare students for standardized tests, rather than engaging the children.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/baytown-news/article/In-science-class-students-are-learning-to-hate-1744302.php