First Blog Post

i) I am taking this course to fulfill my science requirement. I chose this class in particular because my advisor recommended it. When I read the course description, it appeared to be one of the less challenging science course options. Since I do not need any science background for my intended career, it didn’t make sense to choose a more rigorous science course. ii) I am not majoring in science because I did not think I would be satisfied spending the rest of my life dealing with science. I always did well in my sciences courses in high school, but never found them very interesting because of how all the information was presented in such a boring, clear cut manner without any opportunity to think outside the box. It was just memorizing things someone else decided were true, when I honestly didn’t see that much proof behind the existence of an atom. There was no creating to it or modern concepts, only reviewing theories presented hundreds of years ago. After only one day in this course, I can already tell that this is not the average high school science class.

2 thoughts on “First Blog Post

1. Alyssa Mackenzie Inman

I feel the exact same way about learning the concepts that other people decided were true, along with the idea of an atom. Here’s and interesting article I found on the atom.