Take a daily multivitamin

Growing up, we’ve all have these great candy-like multivitamin. But as a kid the concept of eating a multivitamin is just great because it’s almost like candy. But now what isdownload the incentive of taking multivitamins? Well, our bodies need some essential vitamins and minerals from our diet, but sometimes it’s very tough to get in all those vitamins and minerals everyday. And when you start missing an essential vitamin or mineral, the human body starts to develop a deficiency.

A multivitamin is a pill, which consists of several vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function healthily. When we start to slack on our diets, multivitamins come to the rescue. Although multivitamins are no replacement for a balanced diet, they do help us sustain a healthy lifestyle. “That said, it’s better to get these nutrients from sunlight (in the case of the hormone, vitamin D) and whole foods. “Our healthy diet goes so far beyond what a pill can offer — known and unknown,” says Zaretsky, pointing to the fiber and phytonutrients that foods contain and pills lack.” It’s always a better idea to get vitamin and minerals naturally, rather than just abusing the pill. “Just because [a multivitamin] doesn’t do everything for all things, doesn’t mean you can’t consider all of its effects, said Dr. Michael Gaziano, chief of the Division of Aging at Brigham and Women’s Hospital”. Whenever general multivitamin studies are done the sharpshooter problem is always evident. So many factors are put in perspective that it is evident, that the multivitamin will not help reduce the risk of every disease, such as heart disease. “Study found daily multivitamin use for an average of 11 years had a modest effect on preventing cancer in men over age 50. Older men who took a multivitamin long-term had an 8 percent lower risk of cancer compared to those who took a placebo”. Looking at this statisticflint-v_6, it is evident that a multivitamin does have a positive impact on the human body. A multivitamin may not help improve the chances of reducing all diseases, but then again it is a supplement. The fact that it helps a few diseases makes an impact and should change the perspective of many.

Nowadays the problem is many have come under the influence, that multivitamins don’t actually work. And the supplement companies are just selling placebo pills. A study done by Chinese researchers go on to prove the importance of a multivitamin’s function in an active body. Chinese researchers took samples of male military personnel after a rigorous military training event. After this training event most men showed signs of overtraining, including increased thyroid function, decreased adrenal, testosterone, and immunological functioning, Then the personnel were put into two groups, one group received a basic multivitamin and the other group received a placebo. After a span of a week, with the aid of a good diet, those receiving a multivitamin saw improvement on in immunological function as well as conserved mental constraints such as fatigue, anger, and general mood.

More about this study could be read at this link:

To conclude, it is evident that multivitamins do have a positive impact on active individuals. When our bodies fail to get all the vitamins and minerals, a multivitamin will fill that gap. Many people still argue that multivitamins don’t work, but no one has ever overdosed on vitamins, so the rational person would chose to take vitamins. Multivitamins may not help in every aspect to help overall health, but the few aspects it helps in, should make the rational person to start taking multivitamins regularly.

cartoon-man-taking-pills-multivitamins

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/should-you-take-a-multivitamin_n_1725380.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/research-you-can-use-3-cutting-edge-studies.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/mixed-results-multivitamin-benefits/story?id=17645048

4 thoughts on “Take a daily multivitamin

1. Katherine Sharon Trimble

Yes, there could be a correlation between taking multivitamins and preventing cancer. However, within that study, we must take into consideration other factors that could have caused the correlation. We must analyze for example, the eating habits, of the people in the study.

2. Jesenia A Munoz

Every day I laugh at my roommate’s obsession with her daily vitamins. I don’t laugh because she’s taking them but rather her choice of vitamins. When I was younger, my mother would give my brother and I assorted gummy vitamins that we didn’t mind eating because they resembled candy. These are the exact vitamins my roommate takes.. She’s 19… Anyways, besides it being rather humorous, I can’t knock her for being healthy. It does make me wonder though which vitamins are recommended for adults and what brand. This website discusses it: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/supplement-guide

3. Ethan Asam

After reading all about why a rational person should take vitamins and that there is no downside, I investigated for myself the impact of taking vitamins. I visited https://www.vitame.com and took a short free quiz about my diet, exercise, and my concerns and it gave me detailed results on the vitamins that I should be taking to optimize my health. When I was younger I asked my mom to get gummy vitamins because hey why not have two gummy bears a day that would “help” me. I’m pretty sure they were vitamin C and D vitamins and they are two very easy vitamins to get in a day and I probably just urinated the excess vitamins I got from taking them. I think obviously a rational person should take vitamins because there is no downside but the important thing to take from this is that for some people they can really help lead to a healthier lifestyle. If you know the vitamins that can benefit you the most, that is how you can improve your health not just by taking random vitamins. From the site I was recommended a daily multivitamin without Iron for men, antioxidant plus vitamins, Omega-3 complex Vitamins and an Energy and Immune-Booster vitamin.

4. Rebecca Sorensen

My parents have always made me take a multivitamin when I was a kid, and have yet to stop nagging me about taking one every day in college. While I have also heard rumors about multivitamins not working, it seems that they do make enough difference to make rational people decide to take them. Of course they will not make any drastic changes, but they still help you no matter what. The studies you wrote about in your post certainly show that they add enough benefits to be worth taking. In this article (http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/nutrition-vitamins-11/help-vitamin-supplement), WebMD talks more about what vitamins can and can’t do for your body. Whether the benefits are big or small, I still think that multivitamins are worth taking. Even if they wind up doing absolutely nothing, there are no serious consequences of taking them. Great post!