Is not eating Dairy good for you?

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 12.17.46 PM

You may hear your Doctor tell you that you need to eat dairy everyday, or your nutritionist may tell you to eat yogurt for breakfast instead of oatmeal. Few people are willing to talk about dairy and tell the truth about it.  For example, my best friends mom used to eat yogurt for  breakfast, and would put cheese on her sandwiches for lunch. She started to feel extremely blooded. She eventually stopped eating yogurt for breakfast, cut out milk in coffee, and absolutely no cheese and lost 10 pounds extremely fast and had zero blooding. I told my mom about it and she started doing the same thing. My mom saw the same results as my friends mom.

According to the Huffington post article, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/is-milk-bad-for-you_n_5311851.html, milk is high in saturated fat and switching to skim milk will not do the trick. “A large Swedish study also discovered a link between fattier milk and a lower risk of weight gain in adult women (normal-weight women who drank one or more cups a day of whole milk had a significantly lower chance of gaining weight than those who drank reduced-fat milk).” There are however dairy replacements. Such as soy milk. There are no replacements for ice cream but if you are a milk nut, then soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, and almond milk, are an options for you.

In conclusion, I believe that cutting out dairy from your diet will allow you to become less blooded and you will loose weight without even trying .

4 thoughts on “Is not eating Dairy good for you?

1. Nicole Rene Gelb

I believe that dairy isn’t completely necessary in the human diet. There are positive effects of consuming dairy products such as strong bones and teeth, however after a certain age the necessity of consuming dairy lessens and eventually not needed at all. There are plenty of bad effects dairy has on the body such as increase in fat, stomach aches, and it has recently been discovered dairy can lead to certain types of cancer. Milk contains contaminants that range from hormones to pesticides. Rather than consuming dairy it is more important to include fruits, vegetable, and a significant amount of protein in our everyday diet. Here is a link that speaks more on the negative properties of dairy products, http://www.fitsofhealth.com/weight-loss/the-negative-effects-of-dairy-10-reasons-why-you-may-want-to-eliminate-dairy-products-from-your-diet/

2. Dutt Patel

I believe that dairy product are not needed after a certain age. Once you stop being breastfed you do not need dairy at all. Harvard nutritions came to a conclusion that, dairy products are not needed to live a healthy lifestyle. They also came to a conclusion that a high intake of dairy can lead to prostate cancer and possibly ovarian cancer.

Read more about Harvard’s conclusion: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/harvard-declares-dairy-not-part-of-healthy-diet.html#ixzz3Ki6E2fOB

3. Olivia Diane Talbot

Agreeing with both you and Ines, I do not think dairy is necessarily good for your body. There are many other factors as to why your friends mom lost weight, and yes dairy was probably a big one. Dairy should not be cut from a diet unless there are health issues, like an intolerance or allergy. But when it comes to getting calcium, it is important, but we can also take calcium pills or chews if were not getting enough of it. You also said there is not replacement for ice-cream, but then stated there are options if you decide to cut it out. There is an ice-cream called Arctic Zero which is safe for people who suffer from lactose intolerance and it is also gluten free, another perk is that an entire pint is only 150 calories!
    http://www.arcticzero.com/store/150-Calorie-Pints

4. Ines Anne Montfajon

I do agree that dairy is not necessarily good for your body but there might be another variable that could explain why you friend’s mother and mother felt bloated. Being bloated can be due to many other factors. Maybe those factors were involved at the same time as when you friend’s mother and mother stopped consuming dairy.
    I do not agree when you say that we should “cut out dairy from your diet” because we still need some in our body. A human body needs calcium.