SC 200

I chose to enroll in this course after reading the description on the University Bulletin. I found it extremely refreshing that a science based course actually wanted its students to learn to appreciate science in our world today, instead of just wanting students to memorize numbers and put formulas together.

I do not dislike science. I just have never been very passionate about it. In fact, I ironically wanted to be a veterinarian last year. However, after doing an internship at a local veterinary office, I realized that I was more interested in just being with the animals than actually learning the science required to major in veterinary studies.

I am not planning on being a science major because I found my passion in journalism. I love to write and I love learning about current events in the news. I am majoring in broadcast journalism in the College of Communications in hopes of becoming a news anchor.

Although I still do not plan on becoming a veterinarian, I am really looking forward to gaining an appreciation for science through this course.

I earned my veterinary internship through my animal rescue work with Friends of Orange Counties Homeless Pets. This is a picture of just one of the forty dogs I was able to find loving homes for.

If you are ever looking for a dog to adopt or are interested in helping the organization, please check out Friends of Orange Counties Homeless Pets at http://www.fochp.org.

428531_250935488353423_886156920_n

3 thoughts on “SC 200