Science In Our World

Giant_Panda_Hero_image_(c)_Michel_Gunther_WWF_Canon

Hi everyone, my name is Kara Duriez, and I’m a freshman studying Print Journalism.

The reason that I decided to take this class was mostly because it fills a Gen Ed. However, I found it interesting as well, because it was different than any other science class that I have previously taken. I think that the material that will be taught in this course will be relatable to every day problems that will be useful even though I have no future in science, and that, I believe is a very valuable thing to have: life skills and the ability to question why things are the way they are.

Thus, leads into the reason that I am not a science major. Throughout high school, I hated my science classes because I never understood what my teachers were saying and never developed a strong connection to anything that I was learning regarding science. It all seemed too abstract for my thinking, so I never fell in love with it like the way I fell in love with studying Journalism. To add the main reason that I’m not a science major is essentially the fact that I have found an incredible passion in journalism and my future in that industry.

P.S. the picture of the panda is solely because panda’s are my favorite animal in the entire world. 🙂

OH and here’s a link to make you laugh endlessly because who doesn’t like funny cat videos.

Extremely Hilarious Cat Fails

One thought on “Science In Our World