Hey everyone!

I’m Sam Grillo from New Jersey, and I am a Journalism major. I am also a freshman here at Penn State.

I decided to take this course because I never really had any interest in science, so my advisor told me this class would be perfect for me because it is more of a science appreciation class rather than the typical science class we all experienced in high school. Just from being in class the first day made me excited for all of the interesting topics that would be covered in this class throughout the semester.

I am not a science major because, as I previously said, I never really had any interest in science. I have also known for many years that I wanted to major in Journalism because I love to write. In fact, I am actually really excited that blogging makes up a large portion of this class, because it gives me the opportunity to express myself in my own voice and writing style in a fun way, rather than writing lengthy papers.

Anyway, this summer I went to a Taylor Swift concert and she performed amazing as usual.

Here is a clip from when she brought out the Women’s National Soccer Team just a few days after they won the World Cup. I didn’t take this video, but I was equally as hyped as the people screaming in it.

4 thoughts on “SC200 Post #1

1. Maddie Panzeri

Hey Sam, I’m Maddie. I can so relate to not being that interested in science and it can be frustrating that the world seems to revolve around it at times. I love Taylor Swift and this is one of my favorite music videos of hers!

2. Cassidy Paige Heiserman

Hi Sam I’m Cassidy! I went to a Taylor Swift concert this summer too (in Philly) so here’s another random youtube video of her show

3. Cassidy Paige Heiserman

4. Cassidy Paige Heiserman