First Entry

Hey, SC 200! My name is Brian Dougherty and I am from Media, Pennsylvania, about fifteen minutes southwest of Philadelphia. I was born in the City of Brotherly Love and lived there for seven years before moving to the suburbs. Philadelphia is a great sports town, and the sports culture certainly found its way to me ever since I can remember. Being from Philadelphia, I am extremely upset that Meek Mill was roasted by the 6 God. Whoever wrote “Back to Back” for Drake…get that man a record deal.

I am a freshman currently in DUS but I plan to major in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I got the idea to become an entrepreneur after watching a few episodes of Shark Tank). I am taking this course because it fulfills a general education requirement in natural sciences; however, I also enjoy science very much and am interested in how it pertains to everything in life, especially in things you would not expect science to come into play. I am not a science major because becoming an entrepreneur will allow me to work for myself and I will essentially be able to enter any field of my choosing, including science, since I will know how to run businesses no matter the field.

This is the Philadelphia skyline, and if you have never visited the city, try to make your way to the greatest city on earth for some great cheesesteaks! As always, WE ARE!

One thought on “First Entry

1. Taylor Leigh Mitchell

Reading through your blog post I saw that you liked shark tank! I also am a huge fan, these are some of the best inventions!