Welcome Blog

Hey guys, mine name is Hunter and I’m a sophomore studying business and economics. So… science doesn’t get a lot of attention in my classes. However, I’ve always had an affinity for science and technology in particular. On one hand I am taking this class to fulfill my gen ed requirement and on the other I find this kind of stuff very interesting.

I am not planning to major in science because chemistry in high school didn’t go too well for me. Business and economics are both very stimulating to me and the idea of owning my own business or being an investor is something that I aspire to do. So I plan to pursue a degree in business. Now, if either of those things happened to happen in the scientific field, I wouldn’t be upset.

For my link and picture I want to post two unrelated things. One of my main interests is cars so this is my favorite car (for now). A Porsche GT3 RS.

Also, a youtube channel that I like a lot that covers a wide array of scientific topics is SciShow. They go through and answer questions about every day things and explain them with science. Here’s a link to a video where he talks about malaria, check it out.

2 thoughts on “Welcome Blog

1. James Joseph Burke

Hey what’s up Hunter, I as well plan on majoring in business. I also find that although science isn’t something that I am passionate about, it is something that I find interesting. Science classes in high school did not go very well for me either. I struggled in chemistry and biology but still found some of the material that was covered in class to be interesting. Lastly, I also watch the youtube channel that you had linked in your post. My favorite SciShow video is how to escape quicksand. https://youtu.be/n7aHW-Zfzq4.

2. Hannah Rose Papa

Hi Hunter! I found your post to be very interesting because I plan on majoring in business as well. Science has always been interesting to me but never enough to pursue a major in. I also find Science of technology to be interesting as well that I even hope to minor in IST since our world is growing a higher dependence on technology. I can’t wait to see what this class has to offer; I’ve heard nothing but good things!