Fabulous, Fabulous Class

Hi guys! My name is Dominica Killeen and I’m from Union, New Jersey. I am a freshman but I was here for summer session so I am kind of used to things around here. My major is hospitality management which really has nothing to do with science since I’m interested in managing hotels and restaurants.

In middle school I was very good at science. At the age of eleven, all you really needed to know was how many planets there are in the solar system and the water cycle. However, when I got into high school and I had to learn about the depths of chemistry and quantum physics my love for science faded. My grades were decent, but never great in science classes, so when I realized I had to take some sort of science class to get the necessary credits, I was very anxious.

All I really knew about this class before signing up was that it is good for non-science majors. My academic adviser suggested it and I am so happy I’m taking it! I really love learning about things that get me thinking and I love having my mind blown, even though that sounds very weird. I am super excited to learn about Andrew’s concepts and I really hope I get to know some of you!

I’ve been a fan of Penn State since I was nine years old. My sister went here in and graduated in 2010 and my brother also goes here and he is a senior this year. Here is a picture of all three of us;
the killeens

One the left we have my brother, the middle my sister, and on then me on the right. Below us is my pitbull terrior mix named Red.

Also, click here to watch a really funny Youtube to put a smile on your face!

I hope the rest of you have a good day and I’ll see you in class!

One thought on “Fabulous, Fabulous Class