Initial Blog Post

IMG_0212IMG_0036

Hey everyone,

My name is Veronica and I am originally from Togliatti Russia, but the better portion of my life was spent in Bellefonte, PA (which is about a 20 minute drive from PSU). I’ve been immersed in diverse cultures, so I am able to grasp science in that way, for I accept the unconventional. In March of this year I was able to travel to China. While I toured the cities, and the schools within them, I was not entirely surprised to find that the schools put strong emphasis on their science classes/programs seeing as representative students from Shanghai scored over 100 points better on the PISA test compared those of the United States.

With that aside, I am not interested in a science major by any means. I have never been good at memorizing equations, chemical tables, or explaining scientific theories in-depth. However, I do want to have knowledge on diverse subjects, for I am a Communications major and it would help me understand who to advertise to if I can understand their backgrounds. I am interested in this class because I think it can provide further assessment of my critical thinking abilities as well as provide essential knowledge about issues that impact our world. This knowledge would be vital to understanding the world around me and why life is the way it is. I believe that the takeaways from this course will provide me with sufficient tools to be able to understand different cultures, peoples, and means of life. This correlates to my future career in advertising because if I understand more about whom I am supposed to appeal to with my products, then I will have an avenue to follow when creatively thinking of strategies to later project to my audiences.

2 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post