Initial Blog Post

Hi everyone! My name is Jocelyn Chien and I am from Taiwan. It is not my first time to live in a country which is far away from my hometown, but I enjoy the life at Penn State.

I am a freshman and I am major in Hospitality management. I am interested in hospitality management because I really want to train myself to talk more and to know more people. Besides, I would like to learn skills about managing. The reason for me to take SC 200 was because my advisor recommended for me and this course fulfilled my general education requirement. To be honest, I am not good at science classes and that is why I am not planning to be a science major. However, I still hope that taking this course can let me explore the knowledge I had never learned.

Besides, I would like to show some pictures of Taiwan. The food and fruits there are amazing.  The picture below shows  the most famous building in Taiwan called Taipei 101 and if you want to know more about this building, you can click Here. It is also fantastic to see the views from Taipei 101. Hope you can visit there in the future.

62

One thought on “Initial Blog Post

1. Alexandra Herr

Hi Jocelyn! You mentioned that this isn’t your first time to live in a country so far from home. I was curious where else you lived? Unlike you, I’ve actually lived in the exact same town in the exact same house for my whole life. It’s a little town called Camp Hill. It’s about 2 miles from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania if you know where that is. With that said, I think my drive of an hour and a half is long enough. I can’t even imagine your ride home!