Initial Blog Post

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon O’Brien and I am a freshman enrolled in the College of Communications. Once I graduate from Penn State, I want to be broadcasting in the sports, politics, or entertainment field. Since I am a Communications major, science is not something I will be using in my future education path. I am taking SC200 because it is a gen-ed that I wanted to get out of the way.

However, this doesn’t mean that I don’t like science. I did well in my high school science classes but I could never see myself deciding on a science major. I am a Communications major because I find it a lot easier to talk to people about problems rather than solve them with equations.

Some interesting facts about me is Spring 2015 I went to Paris, Normandy and London with my best friend. My favorite part of the tour was being in France, and having the opportunity to see the Palace of Versailles. If you ever find yourself planning a trip to France it is a MUST SEE. Or you see some of the rooms here.

Finally, here’s a picture I took of the gardens at Versailles.

11072804_900584869962836_4746947307351165500_n

5 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post

1. Emily Josephine Engle

I am super jealous because I have always wanted to go to France! I have taken French in middle and high school and have always wanted to travel there. My favorite part about taking French was learning about the geography and cultural and all of the history that occurred in the country. You can check out a video of some really good French fun facts Here

2. Johnna Nicole Hayward

Hey Shannon!! I also visited France with my mom for the first time during the summer of 2014. It was an awesome experience and visited the Palace of Versailles as well. The gardens were beautiful and we had a great time. Since we went in the summer it was incredibly hot (one of the warmest summers they’ve ever had) and we learned the hard way that there is very little shade and no where to sit…Coincidentally my mom and I ended up being in Paris for Bastille Day (France’s Independence Day). The fireworks over the Eiffel Tower were absolutely incredible…