Initial Blog Post

Hey everyone! My name is Rachael Moyer and I am from Reading, Pennsylvania. Some interesting facts about me are that I have a twin sister, I am currently enrolled in DUS, I love making music playlists and I enjoy playing tennis. One of my favorite songs is Be Still by The Killers, you can listen to it by clicking on the song title above. Also, tennis is my absolute favorite sport, and I actually was able to go to the U.S Open last summer. Here is a picture I took when I was there:

image1

I’m taking this course because in high school I never enjoyed my science classes, especially classes like chemistry and biology. By choosing this class it fills my general education requirement, but also allows me to enjoy a new type of science class that is more about critical thinking towards relevant topics. I am not planning on being a science major because I have never enjoyed my previous science classes, and can’t picture myself having to be in a job that requires a significant amount of scientific knowledge on an every day basis.

One thought on “Initial Blog Post

1. Amanda Lynn Graham

Hi Rachel, I agree with the exact same thing you said I never enjoyed my science classes like Chemistry and Biology, and I have been looking for a new way to learn science that is more interesting. Hopefully this critical thinking to relevant/current topics in science can help both of us come out of the course with a greater appreciation for science. Also I found this site that provides links to the 25 most popular Spotify playlists, you should check it out .