Initial Blog Post

Hi all!

My name is Jenna Campbell, and I am from a small town in Western Pennsylvania which is located about forty minutes outside Pittsburgh. I think that, from the moment I stepped on campus, I knew that Penn State was the right school for me, and I feel the same way about this class now.

I am actually a Journalism major, and that’s pretty much the main reason why I decided to take this course. I really do enjoy learning about and discussing scientific things, and I think it is a vital and intriguing aspect of our society. However, I could not spend the rest of my life in a science field. I love biology, anatomy and physiology but not enough to pursue it. And there was not a time in my life where I have been able to understand chemistry or physics. So in order to sum things up, I am not a science major because it doesn’t come to me naturally and it never will.

Now, before I continue any further, I must first explain that I didn’t stay in this class strictly because science and I don’t like one another. I stayed in this class because I can not wait to discuss science in a way I never have before AND because I love to blog. I not only have my own personal blog, but I also wrote for a local newspaper through a youth program back home. We actually ran a blog that you can see here. That youth program is pretty much the whole reason why I’m a Journalism (and not science) major here at PSU so I have to represent and give them a little shout out.

Well, that’s pretty much all I can think to say right now, but I will leave you all with one little fun fact before I end this post. I took a road trip across California over the summer, and I made a lot of very interesting and amazing discoveries that I may like to write about in the future. Until then though, here are two pictures of a Sequoia tree in Sequoia National Park and an amazing sunset in Santa Monica.

IMG_6879                                                             11755156_1142642109083047_4191961413856818751_n

2 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post

1. Courtney Taylor

Plenty of similarities: I’m a journalism major too! My family just moved to California! I couldn’t comprehend chemistry (and I didn’t even attempt physics)! (And my best friend’s name is Jenna, so I’m sure you’re really cool.)
    Here’s an article that I’m sure we’ll be able to relate to soon if we don’t already. 🙂

2. Courtney Taylor