Initial Blog Post

Hi! I am Jacob Sparrow and I am technically from State College, but I really am from Blacksburg Virginia. In case you’ve never heard of Blacksburg then don’t worry, it is a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains that is home to Virginia Polytechnic Institute (Virginia Tech). I recently moved to State College for a parents job and thus I ended up at Penn State because I fell in love with it from the start. It truly captured my heart from the first time I saw Beaver Stadium looming in the distance on the ride here.

One of my passions is fly fishing and it is a great passion to have when living in central PA because State College has a top 50 rated stream for trout fishing in the nation! Considering the uncountable amount of streams in the nation that is a huge accomplishment, especially since only 50 years ago there was a purge of almost all of the fish in the stream due to Pollution.

Here is a picture of me with a wild trout caught out of one of the many beautiful parks in State College.

The reason I am taking SC 200 is mostly that it is satisfying one of my Gen Ed’s, however, after looking at what this course has to offer I am extremely excited to dive deeper into our discussion topics. It should be an amazing semester if this class continues to live up to my expectations!

2 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post