Initial Blog Post

Hi, everyone.

My name is Jiamin Shan and I am from Nantong, China. I am a freshman at Penn State. I am in Smeal School of Business and I want to major in Finance in the future.

I am doing this course because I am interested in Science, but not specifically in one subject of science such as physics or astronomy. I want to know scientific facts so that I am illiterate in science.

I am not planning to be a science major because my interest in finance overwhelmed my interest in science. My father works in a bank and he definitely has great influence on me.

Being a huge fan of basketball. I love playing it with anyone (I am not afraid of challenge) and I enjoy talking about NBA with anyone. My favorite player in the league is Chris Paul.

010614-West-NBA-Chris-Paul-PI

I am also learning finger style guitar. I play songs with acoustic guitar. (I did not sing, just play songs.) Here is what finger style guitar playing sounds like. Check it out! It is beautiful (I know how to play this song, but the guy in the video is not me.)

4 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post

1. Eric Choi

I am also a huge fan of the NBA as well. Although I am not the biggest fan of Chris Paul, I do acknowledge that he is one of the best point guards in the league. He has some of the nastiest crossovers and ball handling skills I’ve ever seen

2. Ryan Edward Schmidt

I am a big fan of Chris Paul as well. Being a point guard in high school, I was always a fan of how sound he was at the position and the respect he displayed on and off the court. Although this is the case, my all time favorite player is John Stockton, an here is a clip of some of his greatest highlights . Hope you enjoy the clip.