Initial Blog Post

Hi guys!  My name is Caitlin Whelan and I’m from Brooklyn, New York, which is one of the five boroughs of New York City.  I am a freshman here at Penn State currently enrolled in the Division of Undergraduate Studies.  I am not sure what I would like to major in yet but I am exploring hospitality.

I came from a small, all girls, Catholic high school in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn called Fontbonne Hall Academy, which had a graduating class of 130 students.  This made coming to Penn State a big change for me, but one that I was excited for.  During my four years there, I took chemistry, physics, forensics and anatomy.  Although I never really had a passion for science, I really enjoyed forensics.  I believe it may have been my favorite course throughout high school.  I felt this course would be an appropriate course for me because I do not really have a love for science like the science majors do.  I was unsure of which science to take until my advisor told me about this one, which seemed interesting.  I also did not major in science because I was not particularly good at chemistry or physics and both I believe are required to major in science here at Penn State.

Here’s a picture of the Brooklyn Bridge, which connects Manhattan and Brooklyn!images

5 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post

1. Montana Telman

I totally agree with you on the forensic forefront. I almost majored in forensics, but realized that I didn’t want to put in the work of science behind it because I didn’t really like science at all, just the idea of working in forensics.
    I’m probably about to live link this wrong, but here’s the Theme song to the show that made me want to be a forensic scientist even though I never will be one
    Dexter Theme Song