As college students, we constantly have a struggle between sleep and studying. When to each one, and what one to sacrifice for the other.
Four benefits of studying during the day are: (taken and re-worded from the link below)
- If you sleep well, you will have more energy to study during the day.
- If you study during the day, there will be more places open for you to go to study, where as at night your options are more limited.
- It is easier to get into contact with your teachers and friends in your classes during the day.
- The natural light that we get during the day while studying is better for your eyes than the artificial light that we get at night
Four benefits of studying during the day are:(taken and re-worded from the link below)
- It is easier to find a place to study in quiet because not many people are taking up the study spaces that are open at night.
- If you live near the library, the library is empty at night.
- Social media is not going off as the normal rate because most people you know are sleeping.
- Being awake at night studying can help you to think about what you are studying from a different prospective.
Based on this, I would recommend studying during the day. Studying during the day will allow you to actually sleep at night. Also, if you study before you go to bed you will remember the information that you study and “learn” more of it while you are sleeping.