Do you still smoke?

Nowadays, smoking, as one of the most common forms of recreational drug use, seems more and more popular among young teenagers. Today, in some capital cities, the consumption of cigarettes can be over 73 million in one single year. Almost 24 percents of them are teenagers. The age of young people who smokes falls to only 13 and this number shows a great tendency to become continually decreasing. On the other hand, smoking is highly addictive and cannot be easily been got rid of.

Objectives:

Students who smoke are not supposed to study or even live properly. Their grade lines will show a sudden sharp fall and their health situations as well. The mental torment also made them suffer from pain, anxiety, pressure and the most important one, perilous desire. The more the students smoke, the worse their future will be. The basic aim of the project is to save those students from the boundless abyss caused by smoking, to help them from the addiction of tobacco and return to their normal healthy and happy life.

Solutions:

The World No-Tobacco Day is set on May the 31st on each year since 1987 by World Health Organization. Groups around the world, from local clubs city councils to national governments, are encouraged by the WHO to organize events to help communities celebrate this day. Schools especially should hold meetings or lectures in order to educate young people the toxicity of smoking and the results of smoking. Some festivals or activities can be engaged by students to learn certain knowledge about this topic. If a student sees someone who is buying cigarettes, he or she can stop him and say:” Hey, it’s non-smoking day.”

Conclusion:

It is fair to say that school has duty to prevent students from smoking since it is a common saying that smoking is harmful to people. Many schools and students are acting actively to avoid smoking while some people who already are smoking face their errors and soon abandon smoking. The battle of smoking will go on and may hard to stop. However, if every one of us succeeds in stop one student from smoking, this war will finally go to an end.

2 thoughts on “Do you still smoke?

1. Stephen B Caruso

I myself, do not smoke and always wondered why teenagers of our generation do. In school starting from a young age I was always made aware about the illnesses that are caused by smoking and how addictive it is. Not surprised that the percentage of teenagers smoking is continually decreasing and I am glad to hear it. However, I think the world on smoking will be stopped over time, not with awareness days and festivals. Smoking is very addictive and for most, it takes much more than one day or one student to stop them in the moment. Some can quit cold turkey but for the majority of addicted smokers, a different solution must be sought.

2. Brooke Kaiden

I have never smoked in my life and I am not planning on it because it is so bad for you. I went to the body museum in New York City when I was younger and they showed what a normal healthy lung looked like and what a smokers lung looked like. It was disgusting and all black, that scared me. Not only that its a disgusting habit that smells and makes me feel uncomfortable. In continuation, it is sad that people smoke because to me its asking to get cancer and there are thousands of people who get cancer including lung cancer and never smoked a day in their life, and that makes me upset. Fortunately, I haven’t been around people that smoke and a lot of the people in my town don’t. My school has done a lot to show the horrible effects of smoking from dare programs since 3rd grade so I think from a young age we knew that it was so bad for our bodies. My high school is very strict with smoking and I agree that they should. There is no smoking on school grounds and if someone does they will get suspended. There is a group of seven sketchy people who smoke after school a foot off school grounds to show that they are cool, but like everyone thinks that they are weird. They are damaging their bodies that is why I never went over there and never wanted to.