Good or Bad???

A lot of people take energy drinks to stay awake at work or to stay awake while you pull an all nighter studying. But so many experts have stressed that energy drinks are bad. I never knew why, so I did some research.
imgresFrom mountain dew in high school, to 5 hour energies in college and the to the big can of monster during work our bodies might be consuming too much energy. 5 hour energy and monster are getting a lot more popular their market is worth $12.5 billion and is said to grow $21 billion by 2017. So I guess the question lies how bad is it, if so many people are buying it on a daily basis.

Energy drinks  have been connected to heart and neurological problems. It brings down the mental health of a teenage and it increases their risk for headaches as well as boost blood pressure and heart rate. On the caffeine informer website they list 13 dangers of drinking energy drinks. Such as cardiac arrest, headaches, increased anxiety, insomnia, type 2 diabetes, drug interaction, addiction, risky addiction, allergic reaction, high blood pressure and niacin overdose. I a lot of people aren’t aware of the series problems energy drinks can cause especially if you drink more than one can. People should what how much they drink because they are very powerful.

Teens that drink energy drinks are more likely to get
head injured. There is a relation with the amount of energy drinks you drink and getting a brain traumatic injury. However, there might be another reason why some people get TBI when they get TBI, for instance if they take more risk. Future studies are needed to better understand the reason for the link between energy drink consumption and TBI, and to examine exactly why teens are drinking these beverages, the researchers said.

images“Energy drinks, such a Redbull and Rockstar, contain high levels of caffeine and change the chemical state of the body, which can prevent people from getting back on track after a TBI,” study co-author Dr. Michael Cusimano, a neurosurgeon at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, said.

The bad thing is that all these energy drinks have been approved by the US food and drug administration so the companies have the right to promote their product any way they would like.

One thought on “Good or Bad???

1. Cassidy Paige Heiserman

I had no idea that there were that many possible effects from drinking energy drinks! The scary part is that they are all approved by the FDA. I think a lot of people tend to believe that if something is approved by the FDA, it is perfectly safe and healthy to ingest. However, that is clearly not the case. While I believe that energy drinks are on their decline, a fair share of people do still indulge on a Monster or a Red Bull daily. Hopefully within the next several years, people will become more aware of the harmful effects of energy drinks, and halt their usage.